.NET & MySQL Part 1
I’m currently working on a project which requires the use of Visual Studio 2008, MySQL Server, some PHP, and a webserver.
Herewith a list of software that is required, recommended or optional at this stage of the game.
Note: The developer machine is running on Windows XP SP3
- Microsoft IIS – Internet Information Server 5.1 – This can be found on the MS XP Pro Installation CD
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- MDAC 2.8 SP1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Redistributable Package
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- MDAC 2.8 is already part of Windows XP
- MySQL GUI Tools A single bundle including all GUI tools (MySQL Administrator, MySQL QueryBrowser and MySQL MigrationToolkit)
- MySQL Workbench 5
- phpMyAdmin 3.1.3 An alternative, if you don’t want to use MySQL Administrator
Other Web Server
- Apache Web Server An alternative to MS IIS
- Toad for MySQL A database development and administration tool.
In the next post we will have a more in-depth look on how to install some of the software mentioned above.
No comments yet.
- .NET & MySQL
- Off The Beat
- P.C. Troubleshooting
- Software Development
- UNISA – University of South Africa
- Web Sites