MS Word 2007 – Symbols & Special Characters
Symbols refer to special characters such as copyright © symbol or any other characters e.g. the Ohm Ω sign, etc.
- On the Insert tab, in the Symbols group, click Symbol. Choose a symbol from the menu or click More Symbols.
- The Symbols dialog box opens with the Symbol tab as the active tab.
- Scroll through the list of symbols and select a symbol.
- Select Insert.
- Recently used symbols will display in the Recently used symbols section of the window.
- The shortcut key for the selected symbol will be displayed next to the Shortcut Key button. E.g. For the ™ symbol you can press Alt + Ctrl + T or type 2122 and press alt + x.
Note: 2122 is the Unicode(hex) character code of the Trade Mark symbol.
- Click on the arrow next to the Font drop-down list to see different fonts/symbols. MS Outlook, Webdings, Wingdings are good fonts to use for pictorial or icon like symbols.
- Click Close.
- On the Insert tab, in the Symbols group, click Symbol and click More Symbols.
- The Symbols dialog box opens. Select the Special Characters tab.
- Select the special character, such as Copyright, Registered, Trade Mark. The shortcut key combination is displayed beside the character, such as Alt + Ctrl + T for Trade Mark
- Click Insert.
- Click Close.
Symbols or Special Characters can be formatted in the same way as other text with fonts, sizes and colours.
Shortcut Key button: Displays the Customize Keyboard dialog box, where you can assign a keyboard shortcut to be associated with the selected special character.
In the next post we will have a look at the AutoCorrect Options.
No comments yet.
- .NET & MySQL
- Off The Beat
- P.C. Troubleshooting
- Software Development
- UNISA – University of South Africa
- Web Sites