FNB Online Fraud Warning
FNB Customers Be Aware!
Another poor phising attempt, but unfortunately people are still getting caught out with this. How many times haven’t you received a notice that the bank will never ask for these details in such a matter?
This is the letter I received via e-mail but there are a few things wrong with this letter:
- It was sent to an e-mail address that is not even registered with FNB.
- All the links for FNB Online banking URL’s are pointing to another website, http://22.214.171.124/%7Ejesusnow/www.fnb.co.za and also http://126.96.36.199/%7Eblack/www.fnb.co.za. None of these are FNB’s Offical Website.
- The sender’s e-mail address is: email@example.com, which is also not official FNB e-mail address.
- Carter Franke is not the Chief Marketing Officer. If you have a look at the source page, you will see that the URL for the signature points to the following URL: http://kanaweb.bankone.com/notifications/events/ccs_yes/images/signature.gif
Remember:No bank or financial institution will ever request you to update your details in this way!
No comments yet.
- .NET & MySQL
- Off The Beat
- P.C. Troubleshooting
- Software Development
- UNISA – University of South Africa
- Web Sites