Backup Entire Registry in Windows XP
Note: You can create a System Restore Point instead.
From the Start menu
- Select run
- Type: regedit
- Click OK or press Enter
- From the Registry Editor select My Computer
- From the Registry Editor’s menu select File | Export
- In the Export Registry File window, choose a location to save the file in.
Note: I recommend that you save the file to your Desktop or C:\ drive, so that it easy accesible if you do run into problems later.
- Enter a name for the backup file in the File name textbox.
Note: This file name is for you to remember what the exported registry file is for. Since you are backup up the entire Registry I recommend that you use the following filename: Full Registry Backup.
- Click the Save button.
A Registration File with a REG file extension will be created in the location you chose in Step 6 and with the file name you chose in Step 7.
Watch the video clip here.
No comments yet.
- .NET & MySQL
- Off The Beat
- P.C. Troubleshooting
- Software Development
- UNISA – University of South Africa
- Web Sites