Install XAMPP Lite on Windows
XAMPP lite is a server software and is perfect for testing a website offline, on your computer.
Download XAmpp Lite.
Note: XAMPP is for developers in a development environment.
- Open the self-extracting archive.
- Click Install
- Wait, until the command window opens.
Desktop Shortcut: Type y and Press Enter.
- Proceed: Type y and Press Enter.
- Use Drive Letters: Since this is on a local computer, type y and Press Enter.
- Wait… Press Enter.
- Type the correct time zone and Press Enter. You can view PHP’s List of supported time zones here.
- Launch the Control Panel and select Start next to Apache and MySQL.
- You should see that the services is running. You can select Admin to launch it in your web browser or enter the URL http://localhost/ in your browser
- Once launched in your browser, select your preferred language.
- XAMPP is successfully installed on your computer.
There are additional settings you can tweak.
The document directory is "C:\xampplite\htdocs"
Read more about XAMPP for Windows here.
No comments yet.
- .NET & MySQL
- Off The Beat
- P.C. Troubleshooting
- Software Development
- UNISA – University of South Africa
- Web Sites